Friday, May 22, 2009

After being forcibly ejected from the group project several days ago for being an incorrigible ass I found myself with an evening to waste. So I went across the street to the corner store to get a couple of liters of beer to add to the modest collection of alcohol I'd already accrued in my bloodstream from the restaurant and the group project wine bottle. I don't remember much of that evening, but I woke up just before dawn in a sweat because of a terrifying vision of the future: living in a McMansion at the end of a cul-de-sac with a bitchy wife and two little kids. This got me thinking about what I want out of life in the space between when I woke up and when I was able to bludgeon myself back to sleep.

I want to have enough money to travel someplace foreign and exotic at least once a year for the rest of my life

I want to live in a house in Seattle that built with my own hands

I want to garden, grow fruits and vegetables, achieve a measure of self-sufficiency, even as if I'm living in the city

I want to learn several foreign languages

I want to be well-educated (which I suppose means going to grad school at this point)

I want to get out into nature, at least a couple of times a year

I want to fix up that goddamn Mercury

Probably there are more. Can't say I can think of them right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment