I thought of an awesome answer to the question "what are you going to do with your degree?"
Make a paper airplane out of it. Seriously.
Today was the first day of class. I was bummed. I had been enjoyed hanging around Prague, taking my time, not having anyone expect anything of me, being able to do whatever I wanted, no pressure. Here's what one of the professors (to paraphrase) said about the class: "Some programs are taught by fellow backpackers. But this program is very academic and we expect you to work." On top of that I've read all three books which have been assigned for the course. Actually, I had them at home, and could have brought them if I'd known in advance. I'm not looking forward to buying another copy of The Joke.
Anyway, I'm having a really hard time with the lack of personal space on this trip. It's made me realize that I am basically unsociable 80% of the time. But usually it isn't an issue because I don't have to spend that 80% of the time hanging around with people. Also, I think the reason I was apprehensive about blogging is because mostly, I'll just use my blog to bitch about stuff. But, c'mon, who wants to read about what a great time you're having? It's boring.
Monday, March 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ha! Yeah, everyone's all "I'm having a great time in Europe, blah blah blah." Stick it to the man. I am sticking it to the man by reading someone's blog at work.
ReplyDeleteI'm with you on the 80% thing.